Final Triple Bypass Information
FINAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE 25th ANNUAL TRIPLE BYPASS
REQUIRED FOR THE TRIPLE BYPASS: All riders must be wearing the Triple Bypass wristband, helmet sticker on the front of the helmet, carry rain gear and identification. Rider packets are color coded by Saturday, Sunday and the Double. Only riders with wristbands and helmet stickers with the correct color will be allowed on the course. Prohibited items include aero bars and headphones.
COLORADO WEATHER: July is a beautiful time of year in Colorado, but weather conditions change drastically in the mountains from warm and sunny to very cold rain, sleet or even snow. PLEASE BE PREPARED FOR EXTREME WEATHER CHANGES. RAIN GEAR IS MANDATORY! We also suggest getting an early start to help avoid the afternoon weather. We suggest all cyclists carry SUNSCREEN, LIP BALM, GLOVES, SHOE COVERS, WIND PANTS and a RAIN JACKET.
TRAFFIC LAWS AND THE TRIPLE BYPASS: The Triple Bypass is a RIDE and NOT a RACE. Colorado is an exceptionally “cycling-friendly” state. However, Rules of the Road apply. This means yielding to traffic with rights of way, riding single file, obeying stop lights, stop signs and speed limits, and not riding recklessly or in a manner that endangers others.
GETTING TO THE START: From I-70 – take Exit 252 onto Evergreen Pkwy (Colo. 74). Follow Evergreen Pkwy ~ 2 miles to Hwy 65 (the 3rd stop light). Various parking lots are utilized in the Bergen Park/Evergreen vicinity. Signage and parking attendants will direct you to parking or rider drop-off. Please be respectful of local businesses and homeowners. Parking is extremely limited. Team Evergreen strongly encourages carpooling or use the rider drop off areas. PLEASE NOTE: Packet Pickup is at Buchanan Park – at the northeast corner of Evergreen Parkway and Squaw Road. Please see attached map.
LUGGAGE TRUCK: One small soft-sided bag can be transported from start and unloaded at the finish. Luggage Drop off signs will be located in Evergreen parking lots and Buchanan Park. In Avon, drop off spots will be at Nottingham Park, Vilar Center and the Seasons in Avon. Team Evergreen is not responsible for lost bags. Please Note: Once you have loaded your bag on the truck it will be transported to the finish. The bags are not attended in Avon. Please make sure your bag is identified with name and phone number.
AID STATIONS: (Please refer to attached route map.) Aid stations will be stocked with water, CytoMax sports drink, oranges, bananas, bagels, muffins, PB&J sandwiches, Clif Energy Bars, Clif Gels, pretzels and cookies. Loveland is the lunch stop and will have turkey, ham and cheese sandwiches. Gluten free bread will be at the three middle aid stations. Riders must be wearing their wristband to obtain food and continue along the route. Each Aid Station will have medical and mechanical support. Medical support will be available at all aid stations, however medical personnel will not be dispensing comfort medications such as: aspirin, ibuprofen, Tylenol.
ALONG THE ROUTE
Squaw Pass – The Reroute at Old Squaw Pass Road will be in place both days. This only adds 1 mile. Riders are asked not to start until 5:00am to allow volunteers to get into their positions. Saturday, a westbound road closure will be in effect from 5:00am -8:00am. Personal support crew will not be allowed to go up Squaw Pass.
Alvarado Road – On Saturday, the second aid station on Alvarado Road will be closed to vehicle traffic. Personal support crew can meet their riders in Idaho Springs or Georgetown.
Loveland Pass – On both Saturday and Sunday Loveland Pass will be to closed from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Colorado State Patrol will escort the hazmat vehicles eastbound on the half hour and westbound at the top of the hour. Personal support crew must display hangtag to access parking in Loveland Basin on Saturday and Loveland Valley on Sunday. Personal support crew vehicles will NOT be able to proceed up Loveland Pass and will have to take the Eisenhower Tunnel on I-70. This closure is for the safety of the riders.
Swan Mountain Road Closure – On Saturday between 11:00am and 2:00pm, a westbound single lane closure of Swan Mountain Road between the hours of 11:00am and 2:00pm. The east bound lanes will still be open to motorized traffic during these hours. Please obey all signs, flaggers and road marshals on the course, and watch for oncoming traffic, especially on the tight turns!
Summit County Rec Paths – That is exactly what they are – RECREATION Paths! Please go slow and expect a lot of weekend traffic walking dogs, kids in wagons, runners and other cyclists. Proceed with caution.
PERSONAL SUPPORT “CREW”: Provided in the rider packet is a “CREW” hang tag. Personal support vehicles MUST display “CREW” hangtag to park in designated parking areas in Evergreen, Loveland and Avon. 1) Clear Creek County will be allowing a limited closure of Highway 103 and non-local traffic will be restricted from this road. 2) Alvarado Road will be closed to through traffic; NO PARKING will be allowed at the Georgetown Aid Station. 3) Parking will NOT be allowed along US 6 in the vicinity of the Loveland Rest Stop. Parking is available within the rest stop. PLEASE PRINT THE ALTERNATE ROUTE INSTRUCTIONS LOCATED ON THE TEAM EVERGREEN WEBSITE
FINISH LINE FESTIVITIES
The finish area is at the upper field at Nottingham Park in Avon and Buchanan Park in Evergreen. No Dogs will be allowed.
• Specialty Catering of Evergreen will once again be serving a delicious post-ride BBQ. Your meal is included in your registration fee; additional meal tickets may be purchased for family or friends at the finish line for $20.00.
• Oskar Blues Beer – Selling beer for $4.00 per can. Correct change is greatly appreciated.
• Muscle Milk – will have complimentary samples at their tents on the field.
• Official Merchandise – Order 2013 Official Merchandise at the Primal Wear Tent.
• Triple Bypass Tent – will be selling prior year jerseys, Triple Bypass posters and other fun stuff too. Jersey exchange and lost and found will located here. Rider packet pickup on Saturday 1:00-8:00pm.
• Showers: Avon Recreation Center and the Buchanan Rec Center showers will be available Triple participants for $5 (which includes a towel).
• Massages: The Sports Massage Team will be returning to give their soothing massages at $40/half hour. PARKING and SHUTTLES -
• Parking in Avon – You may leave a car overnight in the Beaver Creek Elk and Bear lots, from Friday July 12 until Sunday July 14. Overnight parking elsewhere in Avon is prohibited.
• Shuttle service back to start: Transportation (including bicycles) will be available on Saturday, July 13th from Avon back to the Evergreen parking lots at 5:00pm and 8:00pm. And Sunday, July 14th from Evergreen back to Avon Elk lot. Advanced reservations are required.
• Beaver Creek Properties complimentary shuttle – for those of you who made reservations with Beaver Creek Properties, there will be a complimentary shuttle that will take you to check in and take you and your bike to your accommodations. SUNDAY MORNING BREAKFAST – Bob’s Place located minutes from the Avon start line will be open for breakfast starting at 5:30am. Order off the menu or enjoy the Triple Express. Thank you to our Sponsors and Volunteers!